Black Pepper is a very commonly used spice in Indian food. It has a sharp and mildly spicy flavor. It is made by grinding Peppercorns. Apart from food, Black Pepper is used in Ayurvedic medicines too because of the various benefits that the spice offers. Some of those benefits include:
- Rich in antioxidants: Black Pepper is a spice which is high in antioxidants. It has a potent antioxidant called Piperine which helps the body prevent radical damage to body cells.
- Anti-inflammatory: Black Pepper has a compound which helps reduce inflammation. Piperine found in Black Peppers helps cure inflammation in the body. It also helps relieve the inflammation caused by asthma and seasonal allergies.
- Helps keep your brain healthy: Piperine present in Black Pepper spice helps keep your brain healthy and prevent some mental diseases like Alzheimer’s. Black Pepper has been seen to improve symptoms of degenerative brain cells.
- Helps Control Blood Sugar: Black Pepper is known to help monitor blood sugar levels, because of this benefit Black Pepper is also advised to patients who suffer from diabetes and it helps them control their sugar levels.
- Lowers cholesterol: High cholesterol is a common problem these days. Black Pepper is a spice that absorbs substances that cause the bad cholesterol in your body to rise and this helps keep your cholesterol in check.
- Promotes gut health: Good gut health is a result of good bacteria present in the gut of the body. This Spice promotes the growth of good bacteria in your gut.
A way to avail these benefits that Black Pepper offers, is to use Bebe’s All Natural Masala as our magic masalas are made with Black Pepper as an ingredient that can help provide these benefits.
Source : Healthline
Excellent article, so informative.